- ‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person
- ‘Data subject’ is an identified or identifiable natural person
- ‘Service’ is the service that ROBIN provides to prospective customers under its terms and conditions for the (temporary) use of ROBIN’s service desk software in order to evaluate such software as a service.
- GDPR is the General Data Protection Regulation, also known as EU Regulation 2016/679.
- Site means this website and any other website owned or operated by ROBIN Software B.V.
For the below-mentioned forms of processing, ROBIN Software BV is the Controller, unless otherwise mentioned. If you have questions regarding this policy or about the privacy practices of ROBIN Software BV or you wish to exercise your privacy rights under the GDPR, please contact us by email at privacy@ROBINhq.com:
ROBIN Software BV
Attn: Patrick Speijers
6821 HX Arnhem, GLD
+31 85 877 00 23
Where ROBIN collects personal data directly from its customers, it informs them about the purpose for which it collects and uses their personal data, the choices they have to limit the use of personal data about them, and how to contact ROBIN. Beyond that, we have no direct relationship with our customers’ customers whose personal data we process. We work with our customers to help them provide notice to their customers concerning the purpose for which personal data is collected.
- Visitors of our website
As is true with most websites, ROBIN gathers certain information automatically and stores it in log files. This information includes anonymised IP addresses as well as browser, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
A “cookie” is a small software file stored temporarily or placed on your computer’s hard drive.
Purposes of logging and cookies usage:
- To analyze trends, administer the Site, or track usage of various features within the Site.
- In a limited number of circumstances to connect personal data to data gathered in our log files, as necessary to improve the Service to individual customers to identify a user’s computer and web browser, and tailor web pages and/or login information to the user’s preferences.
- To assist us in promptly display the information you need and other information which we consider to be of interest to you.
- To provide a better web and marketing experience to our website visitors.
What kind of cookies we use:
- Essential cookies or session cookies
- Functional cookies
- Marketing cookies, also known as clear gifs or web beacons
- Users of our free trial software
- When you register for the Service, we ask for information such as your name, company name and address, site name, phone number, e-mail address and credit card information. If you sign-up for the free trial account, you are not required to enter your credit card information until you decide to continue with a paid plan.
- ROBIN uses the personal data and other information we collect about your use of the Service to operate the Service and tailor it to your needs, for billing, identification and authentication, to contact you about your use of the Service, send you marketing materials (by your opting-in), for research (statistics and reporting) purposes, and to generally improve the content and functionality of the Service and the Site.
In general, we only collect names and professional personal data on the employees of our customers.
We enter agreements with our customers to provide them with our Service, which includes the processing of information relating to our customers’ customers. In providing our Service we do not own determine the purposes or the means of personal data on our platform. In fact, we are largely unaware of what information is actually being stored on our platform and only access such information as authorized by our customers or as required by law.
Only you or your customers are entitled to access, retrieve and direct the use of such information. As such, we are only the “processor” and not the “controller” of the information on our platform for purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation. Our customers, who determine the purposes and means of the use of the personal data are the “controllers”. As the processors of personal data on behalf of our customers, we follow their instructions with respect to the information they control.4 Third Party Processing
Except as described in this Policy, ROBIN will not give, sell, rent or loan any personal data to any third party. We may disclose such information under a legal requirement to do so or to exercise our legal rights (for example legal claims or to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities and violations of our Terms of Service). ROBIN may also provide non-personal, summary or group statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related Site information to reputable third-party vendors (service-providers), but these statistics will include no personal data.4.1 Visitors to our website
- third-party tracking utility companies, listed in our cookie attachment
Our service providers may not use your personal data for marketing purposes.
- ROBIN uses a third-party intermediary to manage credit card processing. This intermediary is not permitted to store, retain, or use your billing information, except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on ROBIN’s behalf.
- ROBIN may also share your personal data with its third-party vendors and
hosting-partnersto provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and other services we use to operate the Service and maintain quality user experience.
- Customers information (CRM system) containing the name and professional contact info shared, processed by a third-party.
ROBIN is committed to ensuring the security of your personal data. We take every precaution to protect the confidentiality and security of the personal data placed on the Site or used within the Service, by employing technological and organizational measures against unauthorized processing of such information and against loss, destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
For example, when you enter sensitive information (such as login credentials and all your activity on our Service platform) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). These technologies, procedures and other measures help ensure that your data is safe, secure, and only available to you and to those for whom you have authorized the access.6 Your Privacy Rights under the GDPR
All visitors to our website(s), users of a trial service or customers of whom ROBIN controls personal data, may make use of their legal rights in relation to such data. If you would like to make use of your privacy rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, please contact us at privacy@ROBINhq.com or send your request the address provided above. We will respond to such queries within 4 weeks. If we are not able to comply with your request we will let you know in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR. If you do not agree with our decision you may request an appeal with ROBIN’s management or you may request mediation from the Dutch Data Protection Authority (the “Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens”).
ROBIN’s primary business is providing service desk software to its customers. Those customers upload certain personal data of their customers into the service desk software. ROBIN has no direct relationship with its customers’ customers whose personal data it processes. A data subject who would like to make use of their rights under the GDPR should direct their query to the ROBIN customer with whom such individual interacts (the data controller). Any request we receive in relation to our customers’ customers will be forwarded to the relevant customer for further consideration.7 Additional Information
- If You are our customer and would like to opt-out of getting communications from ROBIN please contact us at privacy@ROBINhq.com or follow the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email.
- ROBIN will retain personal data in general for a minimum of 7 years in accordance with legal obligations under Dutch law. We process on behalf of our customers for as long as needed to provide Service to our customers, subject to our compliance with this Policy. When our customers terminate any cooperation with ROBIN, any information that we hold on behalf of that customer is either deleted or returned to the customer in accordance with our service agreement.
- From time to time, we post customer testimonials on the Site which may contain personal data. We obtain the customers’ consent to post their names along with their testimonials.
Children’s Personal data
- ROBIN does not knowingly collect any personal data from children.
Links to Other Sites
- Our Site contains links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by ROBIN. Please be aware that we do not determine nor are we responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
- Our Site offers publicly accessible blogs. Any information you provide here may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
If we make any material changes to this Policy we will notify you by email or by posting a notice on the Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. You have the right to decline this policy and its contents, however, our website may not work properly without consent.
This policy was last updated on 30-04-2018
If You have questions regarding this Policy or about the privacy practices of ROBIN, please contact us by email at support@ROBINhq.com or at:
ROBIN Software BV
Attn: Patrick Speijers
6821 HX Arnhem, GLD